West Central’s Mission:
What the mission means to us
- We try to give people hope that things can change for them.
- I am empowered to speak for children and families. I have a responsibility to speak up in my community and also in my government.
- HELPING PEOPLE HELP THEMSELVES
- Empowerment says it all! If you buy someone a fish, you feed them for a day. If you teach them to fish, you feed them for life.
- I have an opportunity to make a difference for someone. The one key to making positive change is hope.
Vision Statement“West Central Missouri Community Action Agency wants to be recognized in the community as a strong and united agency, a respected leader and partner in the community dedicated to empowering people to improve the quality of their lives.”
In July of 1965, West Central Missouri Rural Development Corporation was designated by the Office of Economic Opportunity as a Community Action Agency (CAA) pursuant to enactment of the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964.
In 1990, the decision was made by the Board of Directors to change the agency’s name from West Central Missouri Rural Development Corporation to include the Community Action designation to more closely identify with the state and national Community Action image and goals. Today, the Agency is known as West Central Missouri Community Action Agency.