NEW POSITION! → BUSINESS COUNSELOR COORDINATOR
LOCATION: Liston Center- El Dorado Springs, MO
Please include the job title and posting #050522BCC-NG on your application.
WORK WEEK- MONDAY THRU THURSDAY FRIDAYS OFF!
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The Business Counselor Coordinator (BCC) is responsible for providing overall programmatic support to the Women’s Business Center Director and coordinating the operations of the Women’s Business Center. They will work with individuals interested in starting or growing a small business; provide one-on-one counseling to clients in order to help them access the resources, information and knowledge they require for their business development; and will cover such topics as business management, sources of funding, marketing, business planning, financials, and business plan development.
The BCC will also manage at least one special project, such as organizing monthly Women’s Business Center (WBC) webinars, credit building with clients, Micro-loan fund compliance, and other projects to be assigned in consultation with the WBC Director. They will also work to contribute to the strategic planning of the WBC through the development of agency standard operating procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience in communications, business administration, business development, public administration, or related social science is recommended but not required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
· Experience with community resource related work, and a client-centered and team-oriented background.
· High level of cultural competence in order to relate to and communicate with diverse populations.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and problem-solving skills.
· Must be able to tolerate and handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
· Competency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, and with social media and the internet.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and current auto insurance.
Grade: 5 Starting Date: Immediately
FULL TIME: 36 hours per week MONTHS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 24
Salary/Wage: $18.80 per hour
Benefits: Annual, Sick Leave, Holiday, Life, Health, Dental, 403b
Application Deadline: May 19, 2022 (or until filled).
Resumes are gladly accepted but a completed and signed application is required to apply for all job openings. Call 660-476-2185 or write West Central Missouri Community Action Agency (address below) for an employment application. You may fax (660-476-9246) or mail your application to: WCMCAA Attn: Human Resource Dept. 106 W. 4th Street, Appleton City, MO 64724. You can also find an electronic application at www.wcmcaa.org Click on “Employment” then “Application”.
For additional information concerning the above job please contact Human Resources.
West Central Missouri Community Action Agency shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, reprisal, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in recruitment, selection, employment, placement, promotion, training, assignment, separation or any other personnel action. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V/AA