The links below will take you to general information about program eligibility guidelines. For more detailed information, please contact your local West Central County Outreach office.
- Family Intake / Assessment / Referral: Regardless of household income, any individual / family seeking assistance in connecting with community resources are encouraged to complete the family intake / assessment / referral process by contacting your local West Central Outreach office.
- Energy / Utility Assistance: Individuals / Households whose income is at or under 135% of the federal poverty guideline are eligible. Please contact your local West Central Outreach Office for application information.
- Homeless Prevention: Individuals / families who are in unstable and/or uninhabitable living situation, have been evicted from a residence, are coming from a shelter, or are in need of resources to prevent becoming homeless are encouraged to apply. Individuals / Households whose income is at or under 125% of the federal poverty guideline are eligible, unless the client is determined to be at risk due to other circumstances in which case the program can accept “over income” clients.
- Family Support: This program is designed to assist families to overcome the conditions of poverty and eliminating barriers that deny self-sufficiency. An intake, assessment and referral process screens prospective families using the federal poverty guidelines. Individuals / Households whose income is at or under 125% of the federal poverty guideline are eligible, unless the client is determined to be at risk due to other circumstances in which case the program can accept “over income” clients. Applicants must be willing to work one on one with a Case Manager to set goals and work towards their completion.
- Emergency Assistance: Individuals / Households whose income is at or under 125% of the federal poverty guideline are eligible, unless the client is determined to be at risk due to other circumstances in which case the program can accept “over income” clients.
For more information regarding eligibility or to complete an application for any of the Community Services programs, please contact your local West Central Outreach Office. Applicants should bring personal id and documentation of any sources of income to the application appointment.
Early Childhood Education
Eligibility Priority Criteria for the West Central Head Start and Early Head Start programs is based on age of child, household income, parental status, social service needs and educational need. Wait lists are based on a points system according to greatest need. 10% of the program enrollment must be reserved for children with disabilities. 90% of program enrollment must reserved for families whose household income is less than 135% of the federal poverty guideline.
- Head Start Full Day: Families of children ages 3 to 5 years who are in need of child care at least 6 hours per day with no adult caregiver in the home.
- Early Head Start Full Day: Families of children ages 6 weeks to 3 years who are in need of child care at least 6 hours per day with no adult caregiver in the home.
- Home Based Head Start (St. Clair County Only): Families of children 3 to 5 years who are available to meet with a Home Visitor one time per week.
- Home Based Early Head Start (Morgan County Only): Families of children prenatal to 3 years who are available to meet with a Home Visitor one time per week.
To complete an application, please contact the Family Advocate at your local Head Start Center. For a list of what to bring with you to your application appointment please view our Parent Checklist.
Employment and Training: At this time, the Employment and Training Unit is undergoing program restructuring. Please visit the Employment and Training Services page or contact the closest West Central Employment and Training location for more information regarding program options and eligibility.
- Weatherization: Assistance is available to households whose income is below 200% of the federal poverty guideline based on household size. Weatherization measures are delivered to single-family homes, mobile homes, duplexes, four-unit buildings, and small multi-family dwellings; owner-occupied and rental. If the household seeking assistance rents their home, the landlord is required to pay 5% for the estimated materials and labor costs for a single family home, duplex and four-unit building sand 25% for five plus units. Weatherization prioritizes services to the elderly, persons with disabilities and families with children.
- Home Repair: West Central currently has three home repair programs with three different income guidelines. A majority of these applicants are selected from the Weatherization Program. If interested you please call the Energy Conservation Unit for information. These programs are for owner occupied homes only.
- Energy Audit: Through a contract with the Associated Electric Cooperative Inc, West Central Energy Conservation Unit provides energy audits for the customers of these cooperatives:Barton County, Osage Valley, SAC Osage, Southwest, Central Missouri, and CO-MO. If you are a Co-op customer please contact your local Co-op and request an energy audit. You may be eligible for rebates based on a completed energy audit and performing the recommended measures defined from the audit.
For more information regarding eligibility or to complete an application for any of the Energy Conservation programs, please contact your local West Central Outreach Office.
- In-Home Health Services:
Services are available to elderly or mentally or physically disabled individuals living in Barton, Bates, Benton, Camden, Cass, Cedar, Henry, Hickory, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Morgan, Pettis, Saline, St. Clair and Vernon. Clients are approved for services through funding from Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Care Connection, Mid-America Regional Council or Veterans Administration based on assessment of need and funding source qualification. Staff are trained to fit clients into qualifying program(s) that best fit the clients’ needs. For more information regarding In-Home Health Services, please call 1-888-569-9936
- Women’s Health Services:
Family Planning services are provided on a sliding fee scale based on household income. We also provide cancer screenings to age and income eligible women through Show Me Healthy Women at no charge. West Central Women’s Health Services currently accepts all MO HealthNet, HMO’s as well as some commercial insurances such as BCBS, Cigna, and Humana. Guidelines for age, insurance status and income change year to year. Staff are trained to fit clients into qualifying program(s) that best fit the clients’ needs. For additional information or to schedule an appointment at any of our locations please call 1-888-577-4640.
- Rental Assistance/ Housing Choice Voucher Program:
Income limits, established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, are used to determine income eligibility. Eligible families / individuals must be low-income, with household incomes of less than 80% of the area median income. Area median income varies from county to county. Applicants for admission to the program must not owe any debt to St. Clair County PHA or another federally subsidized housing. Applicants need to complete an application form and provide a copy of their Social Security card and current proof of residency or employment in one of the counties served by the WCMCAA Housing Unit. Applicants are placed on waiting lists by application date and time, as well as residency preference. When funding is available, the WCMCAA Housing Unit will send a letter to applicants at the top of the waiting list for an appointment at the local WCMCAA Outreach office to begin the eligibility process for rental assistance. For an application and additional eligibility criteria, please contact your local West Central Outreach Office.
- Family Self-Sufficiency:
The objective of the FSS program is to encourage and assist participating families in their endeavor to become self-sufficient and able to support themselves and their families by improving their education and occupational skills, by gaining employment, and by accessing services such as health and day care. For eligibility guideline, please see Housing Choice Voucher Program qualifications above or for an application and additional eligibility criteria, please contact your local West Central Outreach Office.
- Home Ownership Program:
The Home ownership program allows families qualifying for and participating in the Housing Choice Voucher Program to use the housing assistance payment to pay monthly mortgage expenses toward owning their own home. For eligibility guidelines, please see Housing Choice Voucher Program qualifications above or for an application and additional eligibility criteria, please contact your local West Central Outreach Office.
- Housing Counseling:
Counseling services, including pre-purchase, post-purchase, credit counseling, pre-rental and post-rental, are available to families and individuals from all income levels. Please contact your local West Central Outreach Office for more information.
- Residence at a Housing Property (Multi-family Housing, Project-Based Rental Assistance):
The West Central Housing Unit has developed and manages housing units throughout the service area. Properties are designed to meet the needs in each community: some properties are designed for and accept elderly; some for elderly and disabled; Antioch Hills in Clinton accepts families of all ages; and Cedar Ridge in El Dorado Springs is designed for families with special needs. To reside at one of the West Central developed Housing properties, families / individuals must be low or very low income, with household incomes less than 50% to 60% of the area median income. Area median income varies from county to county. Applicants must also meet tenant screening and other program qualifications, such as age or special needs where applicable. As requirements for each West Central property vary, please contact the Site Manager at the property you are interested in to learn about eligibility for that particular property and to complete an application.