Family and Community Engagement (FACES) programs provide resource connections to help families and senior achieve self-sufficiency and maintain independent living.
Staff conducts confidential needs assessments and connects individuals to appropriate resources within their local community.
FACES referrals include but are not limited to:
- Food Assistance: Local pantries & home delivered meals
- Utility Assistance: Crisis assistance to avoid shut-off of heating and cooling
- Home Weatherization & Home Repairs: Energy efficient home repairs
- Home Medical Equipment: Wheelchairs, walkers, installation of bathroom safety rails
- Social & Recreational Activities: Friendly, supportive conversation; social activities; light exercise; active thinking
- Medicaid Applications: Assistance filling out applications for MO Healthnet Medical Insurance coverage
- Medicare Assistance: Medicare advisors help you get the most out of your insurance coverage for needed items, such as Medical phone alerts and medical supplies.
- Property Tax Aides: trained volunteers use an innovative web-based digital tool to help older adults determine eligibility and apply for property tax relief.
- Health-Related Programs: Referrals to in-home services, home health, hospice care
Educational classes: West Central offers a variety of classes including;
- Community Improvement
- Community Employment / Education Network
- Step Up to Leadership
- Connecting Seniors
- Renewable Energy
- Family Development
- Life Skills Classes
- Back to School Fairs
- Energy Conservation
- Education and Financial Management.
- Poverty Simulations/REALL Simulations
The Power of the Pen
West Central’s Senior Engagement found a way to encourage safe socialization during the midst of a pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic enhanced the isolation and loneliness that many seniors experience. Senior Pen Pals are matched with other individuals with similar likes and hobbies. Writing kits are provided and include all the necessary items to become successful writing companions.
- note cards
- all occasion greeting cards
- ink pens
- motivational quotes to share
- and postage stamps.
If you are 65 and older and are interested in learning how to become a Senior Pen Pal, please contact our staff at 660-476-2185.