Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

Get help with your energy utility bills

What help can I get?

LIHEAP can help you pay your main heating & cooling bills

Who can get help?

LIHEAP helps low income people meet their energy needs.

To qualify for assistance, you must meet each of these requirements:

  1. Be the person responsible for paying home heating and cooling costs
  2. Be a United States citizen or have been legally admitted for permanent residence
  3. Have $3,000 or less in bank accounts, retirement accounts, or investments
  4. Meet specific income guidelines that vary according to household size

How does it work?

Energy Assistance

Energy Assistance will give you a one-time payment to help pay your main fuel heating bill during the months of November – March.  The amount of help you receive is based on the size of your household, your household income, and the type of heating fuel used in your home.

A disconnect notice or in threat of disconnect is not needed to receive Energy Assistance

Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP)

Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) can help you pay your fuel bills when your energy is shut off or threatened to be shut off.  The amount of help you receive is based on the amount of money needed to settle your crisis with the energy provider.

Winter ECIP is available November-May.  Maximum amount you could receive is $800.

Summer ECIP is available June-September.  Maximum amount you could receive is $600.

How do I apply?

Download and print an application here

Get an application by calling: (660) 476-2185

How do I submit my application?

Completed applications should be mailed, Faxed or submitted electronically.

Mailing Address:

West Central Missouri Community Action Agency
Attn: Energy Assistance
106 West 4th Street
Appleton City, MO 64724

Fax: 660-476-5901

Email: energyhelp@wcmcaa.org


Call: (660) 476-2185 or Email: energyhelp@wcmcaa.org

For more information about LIHEAP visit mydss.mo.gov/energy-assistance